Sunday 24 August 2014

Getting Ready For Year Abroad Part 2 - Grenoble/Rhône Alpes Region

So it is almost time to go abroad again!

Having enjoyed my time in Cannes so much I actually feel surprisingly relaxed about going back to France! In fact, I certainly feel more excited than nervous! But I do have moments where I think about the idea of undertaking a work placement in a foreign language and a different culture and see the daunting side of it too. However, I am looking at it as an exciting challenge that will make up the next part of my adventure as a linguist.

So you are probably wanting to hear about the running around that I have been doing this weekend rather than how I am feeling :) Having arrived back from a fortnight of intense dissertation research in Bangor, I came to realize quite how soon I am going to France and yet again, quite how much preparation I have to do! So today, I made the brave step of getting my big suitcase back out of the cupboard and starting to pile up appropriate clothing for the Rhone-Alpes region of France i.e. more jumpers and coats than summer clothes :)

I then decided to be even more organised and attempt to book my bus ticket from L'aeroport de Lyon to Grenoble Gare routière. However, I am aware of the recent seismic activity in Iceland and have decided to wait for a few days in case I need to change my method of travel to the Euro tunnel. Hopefully not though!

So the next six days is going to be centered around making sure I have everything I need for my adventures as a receptionist in France but also enjoying my last few days in the UK until Christmas. What a strange thought!

Anyway, I thought I would write this post to let you know that the blog will very shortly start up again. I will continue with the weekly posts as I did in Cannes so the next time you will hear from me will probably be next Monday or Tuesday when I can tell you all about my first day at work :) Very exciting stuff! So for now, please feel free to take a look at all of my photos from Cannes/Cote D'Azur on the 'Photos-Cannes/Cote D'Azur' page and to read all about my previous French adventure if you have not already had the chance to.

Thank you for continuing to read my blog and I will look forward to sharing more stories with you from next week onwards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment